



For this assignment I chose to analyze the current presidential election, the television show ER, and satellite radio. I believe the current presidential election is playing a huge part in pop culture. Most Americans are paying much closer attention to this election as there is a large amount of personal security at stake. The chosen person will help direct the U.S. out of the economic downturn we are experiencing. The television show ER has been a part of popular culture for many years. This is its final season. Finally, satellite radio has just made history by merging the two companies of Sirius and XM. This merger indicates that there is a lot of interest in unedited radio.
First I chose the presidential election because its outcome is extremely important for the future success of our country. As a citizen of this country I have been deeply impacted by the poor economic conditions we are currently experiencing. I believe many if not all Americans are basing current consumer decisions on current economic conditions. I also believe that the outcome of this election will make or break consumer confidence moving forward. Second I chose the television show ER because I feel it has had a huge impact on popular culture. Many TV shows have stemmed from this one including Grey’s Anatomy, The Practice, House, and many others. Lastly I chose satellite radio. I believe the merger of Sirius and XM will lead to thousands of consumers switching from terrestrial radio to satellite. I believe that consumers enjoy the consolidated unedited content. With this merger satellite radio will now offer all major pro sporting events inside one subscription.
As a US citizen this election is the most important I have participated in. I find myself very in-tune with both party platforms. Further, I believe that the outcome of this election will be the most important decision the American public have made collectively in a very long time. Its success will drive us out of the horrible economic and international positions we are in. As a television watcher I am sad to see ER leave. It has been a part of pop culture for the last twelve years. Finally, I am a consumer with a subscription to Sirius satellite radio. I was very happy to see the merger go through as I now have access to all major sporting events.
First I chose the presidential election because its outcome is extremely important for the future success of our country. As a citizen of this country I have been deeply impacted by the poor economic conditions we are currently experiencing. I believe many if not all Americans are basing current consumer decisions on current economic conditions. I also believe that the outcome of this election will make or break consumer confidence moving forward. Second I chose the television show ER because I feel it has had a huge impact on popular culture. Many TV shows have stemmed from this one including Grey’s Anatomy, The Practice, House, and many others. Lastly I chose satellite radio. I believe the merger of Sirius and XM will lead to thousands of consumers switching from terrestrial radio to satellite. I believe that consumers enjoy the consolidated unedited content. With this merger satellite radio will now offer all major pro sporting events inside one subscription.
As a US citizen this election is the most important I have participated in. I find myself very in-tune with both party platforms. Further, I believe that the outcome of this election will be the most important decision the American public have made collectively in a very long time. Its success will drive us out of the horrible economic and international positions we are in. As a television watcher I am sad to see ER leave. It has been a part of pop culture for the last twelve years. Finally, I am a consumer with a subscription to Sirius satellite radio. I was very happy to see the merger go through as I now have access to all major sporting events.
2 comments:
I agree with you 100% that the presidential election is having a huge affect on pop culture. I remember during the last election that movie stars and singers were beginning to get involved holding rallies and raising money and awareness. It seems that this year has become even more popular because all I see on TV is how this singer is supporting this candidate or how this movie star is supporting this other candidate. I also remember seeing a movie that will be coming out soon that was poking fun at past presidents and their actions.
I to agree with you about your views on the presidential election. I notice that there is much more conversations being held about who may be the right fit for our country. I was in a restaurant the other day for lunch and overheard a group of people debating who was right and wrong. I think that all Americans are feeling the pressure of this election.
Post a Comment